small, castle-like turret of Prenzlauer Allee’s Neoromantic station towers over
the tracks’ deep crevice. A long staircase leads from the platform up to the
hall clad in ornamental brick. A mighty chandelier of sorts floats high over
head, casting a soft light on the passers-by below. It is rare to find such a
well-preserved building from the Ringbahn’s past; this station, however, was
opened in 1892 ...
by Gernot Schaulinski