En route from a pharmaceutical giant to the "stomach doctor"
Berlin's most modern
Ringbahn station hovers over Müllerstraße, Wedding's major thoroughfare. Its
southbound lanes lead past the premises of former Schering AG. The 15-story
company headquarters wrapped in glittering sheet metal, hard to overlook, is a
local landmark. Though it has since been swallowed up by the next-biggest
pharmaceutical corporation, the company's history stretches back to 1851 when
Ernst Schering first opened the "Green Pharmacy" here... by Gernot